Dan's Soapbox

Dan's views on current events, popular culture, and other topics of interest.

Name:
Location: United States

I'm now on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Racnad

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Iraq and 9/11 WTF???

Tonight George Bush layed out the latest justification for the Iraq war. No more mention of the weapons of mass destruction that Saddam Hussein was poised to unleash on the US or hand over to Al Quada.

No, it's about fighting the 9/11 terrorists. He made no less than nine references to 9/11 and Osama bin Laden, neither of which had any connection to Iraq, and whose current connection is vague at best.

It has been said that if you repeat a lie enough times, people will believe it. Tonight it is the link between 9/11 and Iraq. While no one in the Bush administration ever explicitly said that Saddam Hussein was directly involved in 9/11, it was strongly implied in the rhetoric.

And the process continues tonight. He speaks of terrorists terrorists terrorists, as if everyone you can call a terrorist is a member of one big terrorist family. Terrorists attacked New York City and Washington. Terrorists are exploding car bombs in Baghdad - one and the same. There were at least four references to terrorists as dehumanized murdering monsters.

Creating democracy in the Middle East is a noble cause, but must we build democracy on a bed of lies?

What should be more frightening to us than "terrorists" in Iraq is how sucessfully Bush is using peoples anger and fear from 9/11 to persue his policy of remaking the Middle East in his own image.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding western wedding favors and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Dancar your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on western wedding favors was way off when compared to Iraq and 9/11 WTF??? and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for western wedding favors for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at western wedding favors. You never know you may find some good deals!

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What up Dancar! I just finished up a ten hour work day and decided to kick back and do some surfing. So I grabbed myself a drink and stumbled across your blog while doing some research on mexican wedding favors for a upcoming project I am doing. Well even though Iraq and 9/11 WTF??? isn’t what I was looking for I really enjoyed reading your blog. Your doing a great job and please keep up the good work. Lots of people do not keep their blogs up to date :0) There are some very interesting view points stated here. Anyways I am going to grab the bull by the horns and continue to plug away at mexican wedding favors. I have already bookmarked your blog. You many want to visit me at mexican wedding favors. You never know you might see something you like! Again great job

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I just got back from the gym and I am beat. I am currently doing some research on cherished wedding favors and stumbled across your blog. Which cracks me up really. The internet can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though Iraq and 9/11 WTF??? is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some very good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at cherished wedding favors. If you have the energy swing by cherished wedding favors. I try to update my site weekly and maybe you will see something you like. I already snagged your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Great job!

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding kim anderson wedding favors and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Dancar your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on kim anderson wedding favors was way off when compared to Iraq and 9/11 WTF??? and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for kim anderson wedding favors for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at kim anderson wedding favors. You never know you may find some good deals!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home